If you have limited access to your internet connection, you can try the following tips to reset your connection and establish a connection:
1. StepSelect the Network Connectivity Icon from your Windows 7 Taskbar. This will open a menu in the corner of your screen. Select the Troubleshoot Problems option from the two available options.
2. StepYou will be shown up with a screen where the Windows Network Diagnostic Center will be searching for the problems.
3. StepThe next step will show you a screen where the Network Problem Diagnostic process will start to provide you with the best solution for this problem.
4. StepThe problem searching and Network Diagnostic Center continues to detect problem. First, it will search for problems in Web Connectivity.
5. StepThe next screen will show you the problems that are in the Remote Host Connectivity section.
6. StepIn the next part of diagnostics, it will search for any possible problems in network adapters.
7.Once all these possible problems have been searched for, you will be provided with the exact problem. Resolve this error manually or ask your Service Provider to come up with a solution for this.
8. StepYou can also find possible relevant help topics from the Help Center of Windows and Windows Communities.
If you still have connectivity issues on your laptop, post the details of your internet connection properties.