The permission system is still the same in Windows 8, so let’s take a look at how to grant or revoke permissions
Understanding File and Folder Permissions
The basic permissions you can assign to files are:
- Full Control, Modify,
- Read & Execute, Read and
Folder permissions include
- Full Control,
- Read & Execute,
- List Folder Contents,
- Read and
Grant Access to files and folders
To grant access to files and folder follow the instructions below:-
First of all to grant access you must be logged into an administrator account of the computer or you have to know the administrator password (in case of standard account)
1. StepRight click on a file or folder and select properties.
Now the property window will appear.
2. Move to (click) Security tab
3. Users or groups that already have access to the file or folder are listed in the Name list box. You can simply check permissions for these
users and groups by single click on the Username(or Group name) under Group or User names .
To edit permission or to set access permissions for additional users or groups click the Edit Button .
4. To grant permission of users or group enlisted in Group or User names :
- 1 Select the user or group you want to change.
- 2 Use the Permissions list box to grant (or deny) access permissions. Check or uncheck the checkboxes under allow for permission specified alongside, according to your desire. Or, To add a user or group click add button .
5. Type the User or group name in the Textarea.To Check any mispelt click Check Names button. then press ok.
6. Select the user or group you want to change.
7. Step Use the Permissions list box to grant (or deny) access permissions. Check or uncheck the checkboxes under allow for permission specified alongside, according to your desire.
And Finally click Ok twice.