Are your Windows 7 themes not working? What exactly isn’t working? If your Windows 7 Aero themes are not working, you should click here to read how to enable Aero themes, else read on. Maybe you have a software installed that is changing your background wallpaper that might conflict with your theme!
Your Windows 7 themes keep changing?
Recently received another question via mail:
We recently upgraded all our computers @ work to Windows 7.
I’m struggling with my themes. I keep choosing the theme exactly how I want it, but after the background changes once, it creates an unsaved theme & automatically changes to that theme. It simply does not want to stay on the theme I choose! It’s really frustrating.
How to fix custom Windows 7 themes
If you encounter a serious bug like the one described above, you should always report it to Microsoft, so that they can try to fix it (after all you paid for the software!). Here are a few steps that you can try to see if you can get rid of the problem yourself:
1. StepMake sure that you do not have any 3rd-party software installed that is changing your themes or wallpapers.
2. Step Remove programs like Acer Ferrari Wallpaper that will switch your Wallpaper.
3. Step Click here: Create a new user account in Windows 7 and see if the problems persists:
Short instructions: Start > Control Panel > Add or remove user accounts > Create a new account > Follow Wizard
4. StepCheck if you have an AMD graphics card. If you do, open Hydravision and disable the multi-desktop option.
5. StepTry another theme, maybe the theme file is corrupt.
6. Step (Advanced) Check your registry entries before Windows 7 changes your theme.
Open the registry (enter regedit.exe into search field, right-click on regedit.exe and run as administrator)
Uncollapse the folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\CurrentTheme
Double-click on the entry “CurrentTheme” in the right pane and write down the path. Is that path valid?