3DMark is the best benchmark tool out there. If you’re into overclocking or simply like fancy CGI and 3D animations, you need to download the new 3D Mark 2013 for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit
The all-new 3D Mark 2013 edition can benchmark all your Windows 8 devices and iOS devices, including DirectX11, 10 and 9 cards.
- 1. Screenshots
- 2. 3DMark Installer
- 3. Unhandled Exception when installing
- 4. GUI has stopped working
- 5. Download
A few preview shots of the benchmark. Overall there are 3 different demos: Fire Strike for high end DirectX 11 devices, Cloud Gate for DirectX10 users, finally Ice Storm for DirectX9
Visit http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark for more screens
3D Mark Installer
1. Step Download the 3DMark 2013 installer.
2. Step Open the installer and follow the install wizard
3. Step Select Custom Install if you want to change the path where the installer will install 3DMark to
4. Step By default it will install 3DMark to C:Program FilesFuturemark3D Mark
5. Step If you’re on Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit you can optionally install the 32-bit binaries as well if you choose Custom Install
Unhandled Exception Error
Downloaded the tool and tried to run it but got an error? It’s possible you get an unhandled exception error when installing 3DMark 2013: DLL function call crashed: ISRT._RegQueryKeyValue. Setup will now terminate.
According to 3DMark employees that is a registry corruption error or a possible bad memory module. Or an admin permission problem
Consider downloading CCleaner to fix the registry error
1. Step Uninstall 3DMark 2013
2. Step Run CCleaner to fix your registry
3. Step Reboot, then re-install 3DMark (read tip below)
TIP: Fix your registry, then run the installer again and select Repair instead of uninstalling it completely, this may already fix the issue, did the trick for me at least
3DMark GUI has stopped working
If you run into the error that the GUI has stopped working, please follow the steps above and download CCleaner
This error usually only occurs if the installation failed or when you close the program.
Download 3DMark Benchmarking Tool
With the latest 3DMark you can not only benchmark your Windows PC, you can benchmark your Windows 8 tablets, iPad running iOS and all other devices, it’s pretty epic
The free version included 3 demo benchmarks, download it here: