If you want to turn Peek at Desktop On or Off in Windows 8 you can follow this small guide using the cmd command fsutil
1. Step Press Windows + C to open the Windows Charms Bar-> In the Apps Search Bar type cmd-> Now in Search Results right click on cmd-> Click on Run as Administrator.
2. Step Now your Elevated Command Prompt is opened. To enable Last Access Time, type the following command fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0 -> Press Enter.
3. Step You will get a message like the following Disable Last Access=0.
4. Step To disable Last Access Time, type the following Command fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 1 and press Enter
5. Step You’ll get a message like this Disable Last Access=1. Close the Elevated Command.