Windows 10 still has many bugs. If you can’t change the display language, here are some troubleshooting tips that will help you to change the display language to English or any other language.
Manage Optional Features: Installing Text To Speech, Speech Recognition
Previous versions of Windows required a tedious installation of language packs. Fortunately, Windows 10 is capable of downloading new language packs with just a few clicks and can install them without a lot of input. Let’s take a look at how this works and why it’s not showing up for you!
1. Step Open the Settings panel. For that click the Start button and then use the Settings button:
2. Step Click on System (top left)
3. Step On the left pane select Apps & features and follow the link Manage optional features
4. Step Now, if this list is empty for you, you need to follow the instructions here and re-enable your Windows Update service and make sure that an internet connection has been established, else this list will remain empty
5. Step Click on Add a Feature
6. Step Now before Windows 10 will allow you to switch to a new display language you need to install all of the following, including text-to-speech and speech recognition. Windows 10 requires the packs for Cortana, the smart assistant you can control with your voice
Installing New Language Pack
7. Step Once you have done that, you can move on and open Windows 10’s language panel (use the back button at the top to return to the initial screen)
8. Step In the left pane select Region & language
9. Step Now you should get a list of all installed languages. If you have followed the previous steps correctly, you should be able to set another language as your default AND it should say that this will be your new display language the next time you log on. If you don’t see that message, you forgot to install one of the language packs e.g. the speech-to-text and Windows can’t change the language for you!
Wait, I Still Can’t Change The Language!
Please go through my previous explanation. You must enable the Windows Update service, have an internet connection and then click the button to install additional features. Once you have done that properly you will be able to change the display language successfully.