If you want to restore the show desktop icon, follow this short guide and see how it works: including a free download of the show desktop icon if you don’t want/can’t create it yourself.
Restore Show Desktop Icon in 3 Steps
1. Step To restore the show desktop icon, open the notepad editor in Windows 7 and insert the following text:
2. Step Next, save this file as a .sfc file (simply add .sfc to the filename and select All files (*.*) from the dropdown instead of Text file (*.txt))
3. Step Copy the icon to: C:Users[yourusername]AppDataRoamingMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchUser Pinned
Download Show Desktop Icon
You can also download the “show desktop” icon from us:
How to pin the “show desktop” icon to the taskbar?
You can’t pin that shortcut to the taskbar without some tricks.
1. Step Create a random shortcut or copy one of the existing icons on your desktop.
2. Step Right-click on the new shortcut and click on Properties.
3. Step Insert C:Users[yourusername]AppDataRoamingMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchUser Pinnedshowdesktop.sfc as the Target:
4. Step Optionally, click on change icon and locate a nice icon for the shortcut.
5. Step Pin the shortcut to your taskbar.