You probably knew that you can create shortcuts in Windows 7 to launch your programs, but did you know that you can start the taskbar programs using the Windows and number keys? If you didn’t, you should print the list of Windows 7 shortcuts.
The first program on your taskbar will be assigned to the shortcut Windows key + 1, the second program can be launched via Windows key + 2, and so on. If you hold shift and then use that shortcut you can open a new instance of the program that is pinned to your taskbar.
- Windows + 1 – Open the first program on your Quick Launch bar
- Windows + 2 – Open the second program on your Quick Launch bar
- Windows + n – Open the nth program on your Quick Launch bar
For the complete printable list of all Windows 7 shortcuts, you should click here:
Windows 7 shortcuts list
- Windows + Shift + 1 – Open a new instance of the first program on your Quick Launch bar
- Windows + Shift + 2 – Open a new instance of the second program on your Quick Launch bar
There are also some handy shortcuts to shutdown Windows 7 that you should know about.