When you open a file, you might want it to open in your favorite programs. Here’s how to change the default programs in Windows 7.
For example: when you open a jpeg file (picture file) then you might want it to open in Picasa photo viewer instead of Windows photo viewer. Just follow the steps below to set your favorite program as the default program.
Steps to change default programs in Windows 7
1. Step Click Start >> Default Programs
2. Step Click on the ‘Set your default programs’ link.
3. Step On the left side, select the program you want to set as your default program.
4. Step Next, click on the ‘Choose default for this program’ link.
5. Step Now, select the extensions you want this program to open by default and click ‘Save’. For example: in our tutorial, we are trying to make Picasa photo viewer our default program for image files. So we are selecting .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .png etc.