A simple question that I received via mail “How to run task manager as administrator in Windows 7”? The answer is fairly simple, all you need to know is the task manager executable name.
Method 1: Find Taskmgr.exe, Right-Click
1. Step The easiest way to run the task manager as administrator in Windows is to enter “taskmgr.exe” into the search fields (without the quotations and then right-click on the taskmgr.exe and finally click on Run as administrator, as seen below:
2. In Windows 8 you hit CTRL+F to search:
3. Step In Windows 10, simply use the search bar on your taskbar and enter taskmgr.exe
Alternative Methods: Use Elevated Command Prompt
1. Step Alternatively, you can open an elevated command prompt and then simply enter taskmgr.exe. Done.
2. Step Or simply go to C:\Windows\System32 and right-click on taskmgr.exe, then on Run as administrator.