You probably have a custom screensaver, but did you also customize your logon/logoff screensaver? If not, here’s a short guide that will teach you how to do that.
Logon Screensaver Registry Keys
Insert the following text into a notepad and save it as a reg file (don’t know how? click here)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
When you save it as a reg file and double-click on it, it will automatically insert the value to enable the logon screensaver into the registry. However, you need to modify the path to your screensaver yourself C:\\Windows\\Sytem32\\Bubbles.scr. (Double-slashes are correct!)
Download Logon Screensaver Registry Keys (Settings: Bubbles Screensaver after 60 seconds)
1. Step Open up the registry
2. Step Uncollapse HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Control Panel/Desktop
3. Step Next, right-click in the right pane and click on New – String Value
4. Step Enter the name ScreenSaveActive
5. Step Double-click on ScreenSaveActive and change the value 0 to 1
6. Step Add another String Value with the name ScreensaveTimeOut
7. Step Double-click on ScreensaveTimeOut and enter a value in seconds after which the logon screensaver should appear!
8. Step Create yet another String Value with the name SCRNSAVE.EXE
9. Step As a value enter the path to your screensaver.
Should look like this:
Now, go to C:\Windows\System32 and find your OWN screensaver or use one of the Windows 7 system screensavers. Here are the paths to the default screensaver:
3D Text C:\Windows\System32\ssText3d.scr
Your Photos C:\Windows\System32\PhotoScreensaver.scr
Very interesting, but there is a way to put a video in logon?
You want a video logon screensaver? There are many tools that allow you to use videos as screensavers.. will post one shortly
Which tools other than VLC?
But it can’t put videos during logon, only as normal desktop in directx output.
Juan, yes VLC is one of them. Another possibility would be to convert your video to FLV then use the tool provided by instantstorm.com to use that FLV as a video screensaver. I know very complicated.. I will be on the lookout for better tools
JB Video Screensaver
are two more tools .. I will shortly post a review on our site.