You probably have a custom screensaver, but did you also customize your logon/logoff screensaver? If not, here’s a short guide that will teach you how to do that.
Logon Screensaver Registry Keys
Insert the following text into a notepad and save it as a reg file (don’t know how? click here)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
When you save it as a reg file and double-click on it, it will automatically insert the value to enable the logon screensaver into the registry. However, you need to modify the path to your screensaver yourself C:\\Windows\\Sytem32\\Bubbles.scr. (Double-slashes are correct!)
1. Step Open up the registry
2. Step Uncollapse HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Control Panel/Desktop
3. Step Next, right-click in the right pane and click on New – String Value
4. Step Enter the name ScreenSaveActive
5. Step Double-click on ScreenSaveActive and change the value 0 to 1
6. Step Add another String Value with the name ScreensaveTimeOut
7. Step Double-click on ScreensaveTimeOut and enter a value in seconds after which the logon screensaver should appear!
8. Step Create yet another String Value with the name SCRNSAVE.EXE
9. Step As a value enter the path to your screensaver.
Should look like this:
Now, go to C:\Windows\System32 and find your OWN screensaver or use one of the Windows 7 system screensavers. Here are the paths to the default screensaver:
3D Text C:\Windows\System32\ssText3d.scr
Your Photos C:\Windows\System32\PhotoScreensaver.scr