Knowing how to fix common problems is mandatory nowadays. Here’s how to fix corrupt systems like Windows 8
The “SFC /SCANNOW” command invokes the system file checker in Windows 8. The System File Checker is a utility that in Windows 8 that allows users to scan and restore corrupt Windows System Files. The /scannow command is one of the switches available for the scannow command used to run the system file checker. It quickly examines all the important files in the computer including the DLL files. If it finds an issue with any of the files, it replaces it. One important thing that should be remembered is that in order to run the sfc/scannow command, you must be logged into the computer with administrator rights (elevated) or open an elevated cmd prompt
Steps to run the “SFC /SCANNOW” Command
1. Step Press Windows + C to open the Windows Charm Screen and select Search option. Write cmd and select cmd and right click on it.
2. Step At the bottom there is an option called Run as Administrator click on it to get logged on with administrator rights otherwise you cannot run the sfc/scannow command.
3. Step A new Command box opens with the name Administrator:C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe.
4. Step Type the command sfc/scannow and press Enter.
5. Step The cursor will blink and verification of system scan will start and it will take some time to complete. When it is completed 100% it will show Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations if there are not any.