If you want to only specific updates or want to get more information about security updates that Windows Update will install, read this tutorials.
1. Step Enter Windows Update into the search bar
2. Step Click on the Check for Updates button as seen below
3. Step Wait for a few seconds, Windows 7 will look for updates
4. Step You should now get a message saying xx important updates are available, xx optional updates are available if there are any updates that are not installed yet. If you don’t want to bother with finding out more, you can start the updating using the Install updates button. Want to install only specific updates or get more information click the blue link xx important updates are available
5. Step You should now check the list for updates. There may be definition updates for Microsoft Office, Security Updates for Microsoft Office, Cumulative Security Updates for ActiveX Killbits, Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9, Security Update for Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5.1, Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems, Definition Update for Windows Defender, Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ or even Security Updates for Microsoft Silverlight to mention a few updates that may be available for installation.
Select an update and click on the blue link More information to open the Microsoft KB
Check all updates that you want to install