If you want to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview, read this guide how to perform a CLEAN installation
Windows 8 Consumer Preview System Requirements
Performing a clean install of Windows 8 is pretty easy, but here’s a handy guide to doing just that.
Processor: 1 GHz or faster. Ram: 1GB (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit)
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Graphics card: DirectX 9 or higher
Additional System Requirements
Also, because Windows 8 introduces the touch Metro interface, there are additional requirements:
1. Step A tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
2. Step An active Internet connection, do downloading and install apps from the Windows Store, and a screen resolution of 1024 x 768
3. Step Snapping apps requires 1366 x 768
Clean Install: The Installation process
Pre-requisite: Read this tutorial to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview from USB
Here’s the process for installing the Windows 8 Consumer Preview as a clean install:
First, boot the Consumer Preview from the USB thumb drive of DVD disc. Select your preferred language, and click Next. Click on Install Now to begin the installation process.
Users will then be asked to enter the product key, which should have been given when downloading the Consumer Preview. The next screen will ask you to accept the terms and conditions, so after reading them tick the box and click next.
Now, to perform a clean install click the “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)” option. Select where you want to install the Consumer Preview, whether on a hard drive or a seperate partition, and then click on “Drive options (advanced)” link.
When you’re selecting a hard drive or partition to install the Consumer Preview on, you’re going to have to chose one of these options:
1. Step If you only have one partition, select the disk and Delete option if not grayed out to make it unallocated
2. Step If you have more than one partition but only want to install on one partition, then select which partition you want to use through the Format option
3. Step If you have more than one partition but want to delete all of them to create on partition again, click on the Delete option for each partition until there is only one unallocated space
4. Step To reduce the size of an existing partition to create another, click on the Extend option and type the amount
Download the Consumer Preview now. If you still need a product key for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview get it here